Sunday, May 8, 2016

Day trip to Milan

This Friday I went to Milan for a symposium on English medium instruction at the Center for Higher Education Internationalisation (CHEI). It was held at the Università Cattolica del Sacre Cuore, which had a beautiful, old campus right in the center of Milan



The subject matter of the conference wasn't exactly what I'm interested in researching, but given that I want to focus on international education, it was a good chance to network and see what's out there when it comes to this field. 


The presentations were interesting, and, as always, gave me a lot of ideas for my own research. The only downside was that we were inside and underground in the Aula Cripta for most of the day. The weather was gorgeous and the surrounding areas were really interesting. 

Here are some pictures I took during the lunch break. 




After arriving back in Lugano that evening, I could only say that the day had been a success. I managed to learn some things in a field related to my own research interests and network and meet some interesting people. I'm glad I stumbled upon such an interesting opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment